EPISODE 4A: TREATS ON THE BOAT
Video lessons is one of the parts of Smart Star set with the aim to learn English.
The video lesson is designed so that the child can watch and participate independently without the help of parents. However, taking into account the peculiarities of a certain age, a younger child will prefer to work if they are accompanied by another person who will actively participate alongside them.
The target age is kindergarten and primary school age children, depending on the level of the child’s individual interests and abilities.
Video lessons require a computer or TV, with the possibility to connect a computer, and the Internet. The video is not intended to be downloaded to a computer, but to be watched on Youtube.
The 10-15 minute video lesson is led by an English teacher and the lesson is divided into 5 parts to keep the children's attention:
- station: greetings, conversational dialogues.
- station: revising the vocabulary, warm up exercises.
- station: puppet theatre, story time.
- station: a game, chant or a different conversational activity.
- station: farewell.
Each lesson is concluded with a keyword - one word from the story (in total there are 12 keywords in the story), which is the password in the next lesson. This is the main vocabulary that is also revised and learnt with the other parts of the set, which can be purchased separately:
- E-activities with audio translation in Latvian and Russian. with the aim to click and repeat the heard, therefore learning to answer questions.
- Printable worksheets with the aim to develop a certain vocabulary, learn letters, learn to read and write.
- Board games with the aim to independently use the acquired vocabulary, phrase, answers and questions.
- Audiobooks and comic books with the aim to learn to read.
If you have any questions, as well how to choose the most appropriate study material for your child, contact us via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call us +37127774321.